Well, the time came to say "goodbye" to our beloved schnauzer, Moses. After lots of thinking, Mike and I decided that it was too much time, money, effort, etc to keep caring for a dog in addition to 3 young kids. We found a schnauzer rescue organization and decided to give him up for adoption :) Mike dropped Moses off to one of their foster homes (I know, sounds silly) and the foster "mom" liked Moses so much that she decided to keep him. He is now happily living in his new home. We don't miss having a dog, but we do miss Moses, if that makes any sense. Weston cried a lot when Moses first left but got over it pretty quickly. Grace didn't even notice he was gone until she was eating dinner later that night and wanted him to come lick her hand off. She's been pretty unaffected by his absence :) I've probably been taking it the hardest as he was my first "child". We had him for over 6 years so I was used to him always being there. We know it was the right decision and good timing as we currently have all mud for a yard and his vet bills were getting a little spendy. I'm sure many of our guests are going to miss his presence and loud yipping :)
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment