We've been enjoying the Laura Ingalls Wilder series for the past month or so. We are currently reading "Farmer Boy". Although it's #2 in the series I decided to skip to #3 and then go back to read about Almanzo's childhood before I continue on to book #6, when Laura and Almanzo meet. These books are perfect for both Weston and I to enjoy together (Grace likes them also)! They are "girl" enough for me, but full of adventure and danger for Weston. I've loved using the books to teach Weston about how life was in the "olden days". We've been amazed at how hard children had to work back then. Survival was not taken for granted!We've learned about things such as churning butter, making cheese, slaughtering pigs, building cabins, hunting, Indian territory, harvest time, etc, etc, etc. It's made me very excited to read to the kids over the years. There are so many wonderful books to read together!

1 comment:
I remember reading those same stories to Mike, Tim, and Eric when they were young. I still love those stories and often watch the TV program.
Post a Comment